Wednesday, May 6, 2009

From Kansas City KS to Jefferson City MO

Ok, just a short up date today. Clare, our CEO, came back from a short trip home & brought her dog, Toby, with her. Toby put on his rider's jersey & attended the KC event with us. He also travels in the van & keeps us company at the rest stops.
The ride out of KC was a mixed bag. First, we all went 10 miles out of the way when we missed the very 1st turn. Then the ride was really nice as it went through some nice residential areas & then over some pretty park roads. I was only riding to lunch since I was scheduled to go ahead & do a lecture. Sometime after the 1st rest stop, I got a flat. A really cool flat, the coolest flat I've ever had. I ran over a nail that went through my tire, through the tube, hit the rim & bent 90 degrees. It nailed the tube to the tire. End of tire. Monica arrived in the support van & helped change the tire. I was back on the road & completed about 68 miles that day before racking my bike & heading to the event.

Today we rode 78 miles & arrived in Jefferson City MO. Jeff City is the Capital of Missouri, btw.


Tomorrow we're heading to Washington MO. I'm on support with Team E so won't be biking. It's hard to believe how close we're getting. Two weeks from Friday we arrive in DC! Stay tuned. --- Steve

1 comment:

Bruce said...

Hi Steve, just wanted to let you know I"ve been following your blog. Great pictures. Thanks for keeping us updated. So is it true you only ride the days the team is going downhill? :-) Actually way back after the Continental Divide picture I guess it is all downhill. Wait! I forgot about the Appalacians! (and about 800 other hills). I have a question about the C6 Free Text Med fix but you probably are not even thinking about that now. I'll hit you up when you get back. Ride safely. Bruce